Summary: - In a language kids can understand, Randy Alcorn explores Biblical answers to the questions kids often have about heaven. As in the adult title, - Heaven, - he addresses the difference between the present Heaven, where we go when we die, and the New Earth, where we will live forever with Jesus after he returns. Intended for kids age 8-12, - Heaven for Kids - is sure to be an excellent resource for families,`especially those in which the parents have read the adult title and wish to pass on that same level of understanding to their children. The book features ten chapters of questions, and answers based on scripture and written in a style relevant to today's kids. The book also has a summary of the Gospel for those who want to be sure they are going to Heaven someday. Randy encourages kids to live “in Light of Heaven.” - - About the Author: - - • - Randy Alcorn - is the founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM). Prior to 1990, when he started EPM, he served as a pastor for fourteen years. He has spoken around the world and has taught on the adjunct faculties of Multnomah Bible College and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. - Author: Randy^Washington Alcorn - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Tyndale Kids - Published Date:09/04/2006 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:1414310404 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - Most people don't expect you to understand what we're going to tell you in this book. And even if you understand, they don't expect you to care. And even if you care, they don't expect you to do anything about it. And even if you do something about it, they don't expect it to last. We do. – Alex and Brett - - - - A generation stands on the brink of a "rebelution." - - -   - - A growing movement of young people is rebelling against the low expectations of today's culture by choosing to "do hard things" for the glory of God.  And Alex and Brett Harris are leading the charge. - - - Do Hard Things - is the Harris twins' revolutionary message in its purest and most compelling form, giving readers a tangible glimpse of what is possible for teens who actively resist cultural lies that limit their potential. - - Combating the idea of adolescence as a vacation from responsibility, the authors weave together biblical insights, history, and modern examples to redefine the teen years as the launching pad of life.  Then they map out five powerful ways teens can respond for personal and social change. - - Written by teens for teens, - Do Hard Things - is packed with humorous personal anecdotes, practical examples, and stories of real-life rebelutionaries in action. This rallying cry from the heart of an already-happening teen revolution challenges a generation to lay claim to a brighter future, starting today. - -   - - Follow Alex & Brett Online - www.TheRebelution.com - - About the Author: - - • - Alex and Brett Harris - founded TheRebelution.com in August 2005 and today, at age twenty, are among the most popular teen writers on the Web. Bestselling authors of - Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations - , the twins have been featured nationally by CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and - The New York Times - . They regularly speak to audiences of thousands as the main speakers for The Rebelution Tour, an annual series of one-day conferences for teens, parents, and youth workers. - - Sons of homeschool pioneers Gregg and Sono Harris and younger brothers of best-selling author and pastor Joshua Harris ( - I Kissed Dating Goodbye - ), the Northwest-based brothers are currently attending Patrick Henry College in Virginia. - Author:Alex Harris^Brett Harris - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Multnomah Books - Published Date:04/15/2008 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:1601421125 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Basic Fun Fisher-Price Record Player - - - The fun and charming appeal of Basic Fun Fisher-Price Record Player makes it a favorite among kids. Take a trip down memory lane with this record player that was originally introduced in 1971. It�s an endearing classic toy that�s now available with playable records which can be stored conveniently within the record player. It has a carrying handle for tunes on the go. This colorful and classic toy is great to keep kids engaged for fun and musical playtime. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Terrific tunes engage tots for timeless fun. - - - Age: - 18 months and up - - - Features - - - Easy to understand and operate - - Contains 10 songs on 5 records - - Plays classic records - - Portable and easy to carry - - Colorful, retro design - - - Required Batteries: - 3 AAA batteries (not included) - -
- Basic Fun Fisher-Price Two Tone Television - - - Captivate children with the retro look and sweet scenes of Basic Fun Fisher-Price Two Tone Television. The music box plays two classic melodies and charms children with pictures that scroll across the screen. Kids learn to read and sing along as the scenes come up. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - It�s a great way to catch curious minds. - - - Age: - 12 months and up - - - Features - - - Easy to understand and operate - - Classic toy with retro look - - Plays two classic melodies - - Timeless graphics - - Imaginative and musical toy - - Portable and kid-friendly for travel - -
- Basic Fun Fisher-Price Change A Tune Piano - - - Basic Fun Fisher-Price Change-A-Tune Piano is a kid-friendly upright piano that allows children to play along to their favorite songs. Wind the dial on the side of the piano for muscal fun. Beautiful illustrations from nursery rhymes make this beauty look as good as it sounds. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Introduce tots to the piano with songs they love. - - - Age: - 12 months and up - - - Features - - - Easy to understand and operate - - Comes with 3 play-along songs - - Plays classic records - - Colorful and retro design - - - Required Batteries: - 3 AA batteries (included) - -
- - Wader Quality Toys Basic Combo - - - These 10" spiel gut award winning trucks are the perfect first vehicle. Increase the fun with this combo that has an attachable trailer that tilts and dumps too. - - - Product Measures: 9"x5.25x5.5 - - Recommended Ages: 1 years - 5 years - -
- Pick up a pencil and sharpen your deductive reasoning skills with these challenging logic puzzles. - - Features include: - - •Use the "cross-out-circle" technique to eliminate your way to the correct answer - •Solutions included - •Solve Logic Puzzles Using the Process of Elimination - •50 puzzles per book - •Six levels -
- Melissa & Doug Basic Skills Board - - - Melissa & Doug Basic Skills Board is a dress-up-the-bear puzzle that teaches kids to how to zip, snap and lace . This toy enhances artistic skills in children and introduces color and shape identification. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Teach important skills with a friendly bear. - - - Age: - 3 years and up - - - Features - - - Accessories to dress up the bear - - Superior quality and craftsmanship - - Kid friendly design - - Different shapes and sizes to aide identification skills - - Buckle, lace, zip and snap the bear - -
- - Backyard and Beyond Basic Boats - Constitution - - - Create an authentic wooden model. Basic boat kits come complete with pre-cut wooden parts, full instructions and fun facts about the boats. A great rainy day project for adults or children. All parts included to construct model except paint. The boats are a simplified version of the original structure of the named boat and measure approximately 8" long. -
- - Avengers Basic Capt America Shield - - - The CAPTAIN AMERICA Flying Shield is modeled after the one used by your favorite hero, so the battle action feels totally real! Hold it up to protect yourself, or send it spinning through the air! - - - Recommended Ages: 5 years & Up - -
- fischertechnik Basic Bulldozer - - - Introduce children to the world of tracked vehicles with fischertechnik Basic Bulldozer set. They can create four different types of realistic bulldozers and have fun playing and learning at the same time. Build a crawler crane, a bulldozer, a recovery vehicle and snow cats using these 240 pieces. The cable winch and non-skid tracks make these tracked vehicles authentic. The dozer blade can even be raised or lowered to imitate the functioning of a real bulldozer. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Children can discover their creative side. - - - Age: - 7 years and up - - - Features - - - Sturdy pieces - - 4 bulldozer models - - Robust construction - - - Includes: - Assembly instruction guide
- fischertechnik's Basic Blue Line offers a wide selection of choices for children 7 years old and up to pursue different paths of exploration. They design the highest quality construction sets that promotes logical thinking and creativity, so your child learns all about everyday technology while having fun building and playing. The fischertechnik basic building block can be built on all six sides, so the capabilities are unlimited. - - Over 100 parts for building 3 different working crane models. - - - Product Measures: Various - - Recommended Ages: 7 years & Up - -
- fischertechnik Basic Carts - - - Children enjoy building carts as much as they enjoy playing with them. Fischertechnik Basic Carts encourages kids to build what they play with. They can make three different types of carts that ride on any terrain. Its large pieces, including tires, provide an easy grip for children. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - This innovative toy provides a platform to develop kids' own ideas and helps transform their imagination into reality. - - - Age: - 7 years and up - - - Features - - - 50 sturdy pieces - - 3 different cart models - - Robust construction - - - Includes: - Assembly instruction guide
- Fischertechnik Basic Boats - - - Kids can experience the thrill of designing a realistic working boat with Fischertechnik Basic Boats. They can build three different types of boats - fishing trawler, speedboat and sail boat. Build a fishing trawler- complete with levers and winches to lower and raise fishing nets or work boat cranes and winches. Experiment with 110 plastic components to assemble different models. These boats can float in realistic when mounted on a hull. This set comes with a mini sailor who can be positioned in the assembled boat. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - This unique modeling set encourages creative thinking and promotes learning with fun. - - - Age: - 7 years and up - - - Features - - - 110 pieces to build 3 models - - Made of high quality plastic - - - Includes: - Booklet with detailed instructions for building three different models
- fischertechnik Basic Bikes - - - Construct classic-looking bikes with fischertechnik Basic Bikes set. Children can build three different types of bike models with 80 sturdy pieces. This constructive activity promotes learning through fun. Tiny tots can learn about different parts and how they function. A great way of developing kids' knowledge, they can be used from all sides to build great-looking bikes. Make three different types of bikes - chopper, touring and sidecar team. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Creative construction is huge for budding builders. - - - Age: - 7 years and up - - - Features - - - 80 sturdy pieces - - 3 different bike models - - Combines fun and learning - - - Includes: - Assembly instruction guide
- Learn ten basic shapes with Wikki Stix One-of-a-Kind Creatables, easy to use manipulative that sticks to the paper with just fingertip pressure. No glue, no paste, no preparation, no clean-up. Shapes are in fun connect-the-dot format, which helps reinforce numbers in sequence. Includes colorful, giant foldout sheet showing creative ways to combine shapes. Two extra workboard for added fun. Includes 72 Wikki Stix. - - Features include: - - •Colorful, non-toxic wax and yarn product to stimulate imagination and creativity - •No glue, no preparation, no cleanup, no mess - •Appeals equally to boys and girls, 3 and up - •Affordable, reusable manipulative for home, classroom, special needs and more - •Proudly made in the USA - -
Summary: - - Something scary is happening to boys today. From kindergarten to college, American boys are, on average, less resilient and less ambitious than they were a mere twenty years ago. The gender gap in college attendance and graduation rates has widened dramatically. While Emily is working hard at school and getting A's, her brother Justin is goofing off. He's more concerned about getting to the next level in his videogame than about finishing his homework. Now, Dr. Leonard Sax delves into the scientific literature and draws on more than twenty years of clinical experience to explain why boys and young men are failing in school and disengaged at home. He shows how social, cultural, and biological factors have created an environment that is literally toxic to boys. He also presents practical solutions, sharing strategies which educators have found effective in re-engaging these boys at school, as well as handy tips for parents about everything from homework, to videogames, to medication. - - - About the Author: - - • - - Leonard Sax, M.D., Ph.D. - , is founder and executive director of the National Association for Single Sex Public Education (NASSPE). His scholarly work has been published in a variety of prestigious journals, including - American Psychologist - , - Educational Horizons - , - Behavioral Neuroscience - , and the - Journal of the American Medical Association - . He has been a featured guest on CNN, PBS, “The Today Show," “Fox News," NPR's “Talk of the Nation," and many other national programs. He lives with his wife and daughter in suburban Philadelphia. - - Author: Leonard Sax - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Basic Books - Published Date:01/06/2009 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0465072100 - #of pages:#N/A -
Books > Children's Books 9-12 years > "the basics of understanding the bible"
Find exactly what you are looking for - Harper Collins, Random House, and Penguin. Many people wonder how we are able to keep our prices so low. Delivery is free on all orders over $49. We do our best to deliver your products as fast is possible. In most cases, this means that if you order by 6 pm on a business day, you will receive everything in 1 to 2 days depending on your location. We're here when you need us - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.