- Almost everyone has heard of a chemistry set. But until this kit was introduced, a physics set was almost unheard of. Physics is an essential science for everyone, and this kit provides a comprehensive explanation of mechanical physics. Through building 36 models and conducting subsequent experiments with the models, you will learn the fundamental laws of mechanical physics. Start by building small models, such as a fixed pulley, to learn about basic forces and simple machines. Then, work your way up to more complex machines, such as a pendulum clock, to learn more advanced concepts like work and centripetal force. This hands-on approach is both fun and effective because the principles of physics are demonstrated right in front of you. This kit includes more than 300 building pieces. The 64-page, full-color manual presents assembly instructions, experiments and explanations in a richly-illustrated, easy-to-follow manner. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
- Explore the power of water by building models and conducting experiments. Build a waterwheel, a sawmill, and a hammer mill to harness the energy from water to do physical work. Learn about water pressure with a water tower, communicating vessels, and a fountain. Generate electricity with a hydroelectric power station. Discover how we can generate electricity by harnessing water power from ocean waves, tides, and rivers. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
- CHEM C3000 is the ultimate chemistry set. This kit includes all of the components from CHEM C2000, plus dozens of additional tools and chemicals, and 100 additional experiments, for a total of more than 350 experiments. The 192-page, full-color experiment manual is written at a more advanced level than the other CHEM kit manuals. You could call it a textbook, but the manual is too much fun to make that comparison. CHEM C3000 has a similar hands-on approach to teaching chemistry as our other CHEM kits, but also teaches more advanced topics such as chemical equations, atomic structures, and the periodic table. These concepts are critical to continued study of chemistry. CHEM C3000 is an excellent preparation for high-school level chemistry. - - - Recommended Ages: 12 years & Up - - -
- Discover the digital world with this unique introduction to electronics. Follow the story of Robert M-3, a young robot in the year 2069, who is beginning his education in electronics with an apprenticeship to Sirius Armstrong, the chief electrical engineer on an enormous space station orbiting Earth. As you read about Robert’s lessons in electronics, you will conduct experiments alongside him using your Electronics Workshop console. - Start by assembling simple circuits with blinking LEDs and resistors, as Robert travels from Earth to the space station. Once there, he goes from department to department, fixing electrical systems and devices, while you work alongside him. - In the Mars Department, you attend to tasks in the space station’s oxygen-supplying greenhouses, such as building moisture sensors for the planters and a timer for controlling oxygen levels. Here, you learn about current, voltage, and resistance. In the Uranus Department, you repair malfunctioning sensors on robots, build a battery tester to test Robert’s power supply, and conduct experiments with his transistors and capacitors. - You continue through six more departments, learning about the space station’s security, communications, cleaning, entertainment, and educational systems, while getting increasingly advanced lessons in electronics. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
- Embark on a guided journey through the microscopic world, revealing its hidden creatures and unseen structures with the new TK2 Scope. First, learn how to use the microscope and all of its parts. Next, become familiar with your scope by examining some prepared slides. Now, you are ready to take off on a guided investigation of plant and animal specimens that you gather and prepare yourself. This kit gives you the tools, knowledge, and skills you need to view virtually any specimen you can find. - The microscope is a dual light 40-, 100-, and 400-power metal and plastic microscope. The two battery-powered LED light sources allow for both the viewing of large or opaque objects lit from above and the viewing of thinly sliced or translucent specimens lit from below. It has a 10-power ocular lens; 4-, 10-, and 40-power objective lenses; and an aperture wheel. The lenses are all professional-quality optical glass. The microscope is durable and powerful, permitting years of continued observations. - - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - - - -
- Establish a foundation in physics by building models of all six simple machines: levers, pulleys, inclined planes, screws, wedges, and wheels and axles. Assemble and use a spring scale to measure how the machines change the direction and magnitude of forces, making work easier to do. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
- Power House provides an engaging introduction to regenerative energy sources while teaching basic concepts and principles in physical science. The kit focuses on the heat and light energy from the sun, the energy from the wind, as well as with electrochemical and plant energy. You will learn how to transform and use these forms of energy. - With the Power House kit you can build a model house complete with solar panels, windmill, greenhouse, and desalination system. You can build and operate an electric train, windmill, solar cooker, solar hot water tank, hygrometer, electric motor, power hoist, sail car, and more! Plant watercress, prepare sauerkraut, and make chewing gum. Learn how plants convert sunlight into energy for your body and your engines. - The thoughtfully designed series of experiments was developed by physicist Uwe Wandrey. Professor Wandrey creatively integrates physical science and technology lessons with the adventure of building a home and living on a remote island. To survive, you must learn how to harness the power of the sun and the wind as well as tap the energy of other physical forces. The storyline follows the experiments in a stepwise fashion. Easy-to-follow activities make it fun to build models and use them for your experiments. - We hope that building small models such as are provided in Power House will inspire you to plan and construct something on a larger scale. - - - Recommended Ages: 12 years & Up -
- Begin a lifetime of scientific investigation and understanding with 25 fun experiments in five key areas: nature, physics, chemistry, air, and water. - Learn what plants need to grow, build a barometer, see how water climbs, watch plants sweat, and investigate plant propagation. Discover how a magnifying glass enlarges, how colors mix, how static electricity attracts, how sundials tell time, and how a motion picture works. Investigate air pressure, air flow, hovercraft, paper airplanes, and suction. Write secret messages, float a paper clip, blow super bubbles, observe capillary action, and test displacement. Build a soap-driven boat, mix oil and water, experiment with evaporation, paint with sugar, and watch a balloon inflate itself. - With a 48-page guidebook, Stepping into Science teaches science fundamentals with step-by-step, hands-on experiments, while also introducing children to the scientific method itself. - - - Recommended Ages: 5 years & Up - -
- Solar power technology in action. - In one way or another, almost every form of energy we use originates as energy from the Sun. Solar energy directly powers photovoltaic cells and thermal collectors. Indirectly, we get power from plants grown by the Sun, oceans heated by the Sun, and Earth’s weather systems sustained by the Sun. Even the energy stored in fossil fuels originated as energy from the Sun, captured by plants and animals millions of years ago. Physics Solar Workshop explores the topic of solar energy, focusing on photovoltaic cells. By building 12 models and conducting 30 experiments, you will learn how solar cells transform light into electrical energy, and how motors and mechanical devices can optimize the work done by this energy. You will build different types of vehicles and machines to demonstrate how gears can convert and transform power for different needs. There are 320 parts, which are also compatible with the other Physics kits. The 64-page book offers illustrated instructions for the projects. Developed with Greenpeace® in Germany. Ages 8 and up. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
- The twelfth kit in our popular Little Labs line, this kit introduces young children to the field of engineering with 25 experiments in five sections. Learn engineering basics with experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys. Explore engineering on land by building vehicles with wheels; engineering in the air with a helicopter, a parachute, and a glider; and engineering in the water with a diving bell, a sailboat, and a paddleboat. Find engineering at home with experiments modeling the telephone and television. - - - Recommended Ages: 5 years & Up - -
- Build wind-powered generators to energize your electric vehicles and charge your rechargeable batteries! The wind spins the turbine, which turns an electric generator, which in turn charges your rechargeable AA batteries (not included). You can then use those wind-charged batteries to power the model vehicles you build. The six models include a glider, sail car, jet car, tractor, racecar, and tricycle. - This kit includes two styles of wind turbine blades and a gearbox with three different gear ratios for experimenting. You can adjust the angle and number of wind turbine blades to make best use of wind, to make the LED light up brightly, and to charge the rechargeable battery as fast as possible. Explore this amazing, free source of renewable energy and store the electricity you generate for use in practical applications! - This kit includes a 40-page color instruction book with illustrated step-by-step instructions for assembling two windmills and six model vehicles, and conducting various experiments. The 133 building pieces included in this set are compatible with those in all Thames & Kosmos Construction Series kits, Physics Series kits, Wind Power, and Hydropower kits. - - - Features: - - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & Up - -
From your LeapFrog and Melissa & Doug, to the Fisher Price products that keep you feeling your best - we've got you covered. We work hard to make our prices as competitive as possible, and offer some of the lowest prices online. We encourage you to compare prices. Shipping is always free when you spend $49 or more, and we ship FAST - overnight to more than 75% of the country, and in 2 days to everyone else. Plus, this now includes Saturday delivery to most of the country. Simply order by 6 p.m., and you will receive your package within 2 business days. Our great customer service takes pride in delighting our customers.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.