Summary: - - - The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive.... - - Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision.... - - - - About the Author: - - • - Michael Northrop - Michael Northrop has written short fiction for WEIRD TALES, the NOTRE DAME REVIEW, and MCSWEENEY'S. His debut novel, GENTLEMEN, earned him a PW Flying Start. An editor at SPORTS ILLUSTRATED KIDS for many years, he now writes full-time from his home in New York City. You can visit him online at www.michaelnorthrop.net. - - Author: Michael Northrop - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Scholastic Press - Published Date:02/01/2011 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:0545210127 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - - Rose is one of twelve princesses forced to dance through the night in an underground palace. The key to breaking the spell lies in magic knitting needles, an invisibility cloak, and-of course-true love. Inspired by "The Twelve Dancing Princesses,"this novel is as captivating as it is fresh. Enchanted readers are sure to clamor for the new companion, Princess of Glass, also publishing this season. - - - - - About the Author: - - • - - - Jessica Day George - is the author of - Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow - , - Dragon Slippers - , and its sequel, - Dragon Flight - . Originally from Idaho, she studied at Brigham Young University and lived in Delaware and New Jersey before settling down in Salt Lake City, Utah. She had been a movie store clerk, librarian, bookseller, and school office lady before she got her big break. Jessica lives with her husband, their young son, and a five-pound Maltese named Pippin in a house that needs to be vacuumed much too often. - www.JessicaDayGeorge.com - www.dragonslippers.net - - - - Author: Jessica Day George - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Bloomsbury USA Childrens - Published Date:04/27/2010 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:1599904551 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - - A small creature offers his big voice for aspiring authors everywhere - - - - Every child can be a writer?and - Library Mouse - shows them how! - - Beloved children?s books author and illustrator Daniel Kirk wonderfully brings to life the story of Sam, a library mouse. Sam?s home was in a little hole in the wall in the children?s reference books section, and he thought that life was very good indeed. For Sam loved to read. He read picture books and chapter books, biographies and poetry, and ghost stories and mysteries. Sam read so much that finally one day he decided to write books himself! - - Sam shared his books with other library visitors by placing them on a bookshelf at night. Until there came the time that people wanted to meet this talented author. Whatever was Sam to do? - - The joy of reading, writing, and sharing is brought to life in this warmhearted tale. - - About the Author: - - •Daniel Kirk has illustrated a number of popular books for children, among them - Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo!, - which - School Library Journal - called ?an instant hit with young children.? He has also both written and illustrated books, among them - Snow Dude - , which - Booklist - said ?[crackles] with excitement and mischief . . . fun to read aloud,? and - Bus Stop, Bus Go! - , which - School Library Journal - called ?a lively trip that?s loaded with fun.? Daniel lives in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, with his wife and three children. He was inspired to write this book after spending countless blissful days with his family perusing the stacks at his local library. For more information about Daniel, visit www.danielkirk.com. - Author: Daniel Kirk - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Harry N. Abrams - Published Date:09/01/2007 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:0810993465 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - Clang! Clang! Clang! - The fire truck is pulling out of the station. But wait! Where is the firefighter going? To the potty! Even firefighters go to the potty! - Toddlers are uneasy about toilet training. And in most cases, even if they know they have to go, sometimes they are too busy to bother. In this hilarious gate-fold story, each person--from a firefighter on the way to answer a fire alarm to a zoo keeper on the way to feed the polar bears--stops what they are doing to go to the potty. With humor and no pedantics, toddlers learn that everybody uses the potty. - - About the Author: - - • - Stephen Gilpin - graduated from the NYC School of Visual Arts where he studied painting and cartooning. He is the illustrator of the Who Shrunk Daniel Funk series and The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy series. Stephen currently lives in Hiawatha, KS. Visit him at sgilpin.com. - Author: Wendy^Wax Wax - Illustrator: Stephen Gilpin - Publisher:Little Simon - Published Date:10/14/2008 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:1416927204 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Everyone loves these visual wordplay puzzles where a common phrase or expression is represented by illustrated pictures and words. - - Features include: - - •some are immediately obvious - •Others might have you stumped for a while - •Over 300 puzzles per book - •Solutions included - •Solve them in a wink or week -
- - The Tale of Despereaux - - - The Tale of Despereaux: -The Game allows you to live the adventure of brave little Despereaux, battle your way through the castle and rescue Princess Pea, proving even the smallest heroes can have the biggest adventures! -
- - HQ 48-Inch Simple Flyer Kite (Dino) - - - Our beautiful Simple Flyers are even suitable for light winds and offer excellent stability. These completely reliable Kite delight children by their popular themes and colorful graphics. -
- Rayovac Alkaline Batteries, 9V, Reclosable Pack - - - Rayovac helps provide you with everyday batteries for the simple things like fire alarms, remote controls, flashlights and even portable gaming systems!
- - Wild Republic 12" Tumblers Yellow Lab - - - Fun and floppy plush animals. Designed to sit, stand and even balance on their head. Pronounced features. Cuddly soft with happy faces. Made of high quality fabrics. -
- - Wild Republic 12" Tumblers Rottweiler - - - Fun and floppy plush animals. Designed to sit, stand and even balance on their head. Pronounced features. Cuddly soft with happy faces. Made of high quality fabrics. -
- - Wild Republic 12" Tumblers Dalmation - - - Fun and floppy plush animals. Designed to sit, stand and even balance on their head. Pronounced features. Cuddly soft with happy faces. Made of high quality fabrics. -
- - Wild Republic 12" Tumblers Beagle - - - Fun and floppy plush animals. Designed to sit, stand and even balance on their head. Pronounced features. Cuddly soft with happy faces. Made of high quality fabrics. -
- - Viking Super Chubbies Jumbo Jet - - - This 12" long Jumbo Jet features soft Chubbies wheels for smooth landings, 2 propeller-driven engines and even space for a pilot and 2 passengers. - - - Age: 12 months and up - -
- - Designware Backyardigans Beverage Napkins -16 ct - - - Join the crew from The Backyardigans for a lively party event, perfect for a backyard bash. Invite guests to join in a Backyardigan-inspired sing-along – and maybe even dance-a-thon! -
Books > Children's Books 9-12 years > "on a snowy evening"
Check out the most popular brands: Harper Collins, Random House & Penguin. Compare our great prices, with fantastic everyday values across wide range of products. No lines. No heavy bags. No driving. Just the products that keep your life in balance, conveniently shipped to your door faster and easier than any errand you've done before. Our Customer Service is here when you need any help - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.