Summary: - Danny Dragonbreath is hoping to see lots of cool bats when he and his best friend, Wendell, visit Danny's cousin, a bat specialist in Mexico. But he - isn't - expecting to get up close and personal with a giant bat monster, who kidnaps Danny and carries him off to her lair! Now nerdy Wendell will finally get a chance to be a hero . . . but only if he can hunt down the bat monster before she permanently adopts Danny as her bat monster baby. - - Ursula Vernon has packed the fourth book in this laugh-until-smoke-comes-out-of-your-nose series with fantastic bat facts and hilarity of the highest order. Wimpy Kid fans everywhere will love this decidedly un-wimpy (but often unlucky!) dragon. - - About the Author: - - •Ursula Vernon lives, writes, and draws in Pittsboro, North Carolina. - Author: Ursula Vernon - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Dial - Published Date:03/17/2011 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:0803735251 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - Ann McGovern's gay and informative book gives young readers a vivid picture of life in colonial New England from 1659 to 1730. The drawings help children imagine what it was really like to be a boy or girl in colonial days. - The author answers many intriguing questions that children are likely to ask. "What did colonial boys and girls wear?" "What happened if they didn't behave in school?" "What did they do on Sunday?" "Were there special laws about fun? "What happened to people who broke the laws?" - This book provides a unique opportunity to enrich the young reader's understanding of American history. 52 entertaining questions and answers about what it was like to live in the New England colonies during the years 1650 - 1730 - - About the Author: - - •Ann McGovern, the author of more than 55 highly regarded books for children, is excited about the world: the world of history, nature, imagination, and the world of people. Her enthusiasm is the foundation for each word she writes. Her books, which range from fast-paced biographies and fact-filled fun histories to voyages in faraway lands, from playful picture books to retellings of well-known legends and fables, reflect her diverse and many interests. - A tireless traveler who has visited every continent, McGovern frequently incorporates her adventures into her books. - Playing with Penguins - and - Swimming with Sea Lions - were inspired by expeditions to Antarctica and the Galapagos Islands, respectively. - Desert Beneath the Sea - resulted from a scientific scuba expedition to the Red Sea, the Caribbean, and the China Sea with Shark Lady Eugenie Clark. And, for - Questions and Answers About Sharks, - McGovern took notes on her underwater slate with twelve sharks just inches away, after she took part in an underwater shark feeding in Papua New Guinea, where she was scuba diving. - But when McGovern visits schools to show slides of her travels and discuss how they provide ideas for her books, she emphasizes that inspiration can come from feelings and close-to-home experiences as well as far-off adventures. - McGovern grew up in New York City where she lives today. Her interest in books and writing began at an early age. "As a child, I developed a terrible stutter and never raised my hand in class," she says, "I became a writer to express the feelings that I couldn't speak about and an avid reader as way to escape a sad life." - Her formal education ended after her first year at the University of New Mexico, where the only "A" she received was in horseback riding. But McGovern believes her most valuable education has come form her travel experiences and scuba diving expeditions, along with the intensive research she does for her books. - McGovern credits her late husband, Martin Scheiner, with introducing her to many of the experiences that have come to influence her writing. "With Marty, I stopped stuttering, I learned to drive, scuba dive, sail, take risks - maybe too many - when lions growled outside our tent in East Africa and the time a shark got too cozy with me in the Great Barrier Reef ," she says. "I plan to write about my journey to the North Pole, when the walrus poked its tusks into our rubber boat. I'll never run out of ideas - or memories!" - McGovern makes certain she visits schools and speaks to student as often as she can. "School children give me feedback that's wonderful for my work. Sometimes when I look at a sad, shy face in the audience, I see the lonely child I once was, and I hope that maybe my words can have some influence on a life. Making a difference in children's lives in why I plan to write until I am ninety." - Author: Ann Mcgovern - Illustrator: June Otani - Publisher:Scholastic Paperbacks - Published Date:05/01/1992 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:059045160X - #of pages:#N/A -
- - - Features include: - - •Draw and erase like magic on a mini Kid-Tough doodler featuring Barbie - •Draw on the screen, then erase it clean?in just one swipe - •Sized just right for take-along with a keyhole hanger on the back - -
- Cardinal Industries Mexican Train Domino Game in an Aluminum Case has 136 jumbo sized color dot dominoes and includes an aluminum carrying case. It is easy to store and for one or more players. - - Features include: - - •Includes an aluminum carrying case - •Easy to store - •For one or more players - •Colorful game tools are easy to spot anywhere - •Includes easy to learn instructions -
- Let the magnetic stylus be your pen and the bead board be your paper. Use your imagination to draw shapes, letters and pictures, popping individual beads to the surface. Erase with the tip of a finger. - - - Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 6 x 0.6 - - Recommended Ages: 3 Years & Up - -
- Alex Toys Draw Like a Pro is a fun and easy way to learn to draw. Turn down the lights, switch on the projector, insert a preprinted slide and trace away. It comes with 124 slides. It also includes six markers, 10 sheets of paper and a flip book. This set is perfect for budding artists who want to learn how to draw. It's also a perfect travel or rainy day activity and a great activity for one child or a small group. Art activities encourage a child's imagination and learning development. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 19 (L) x 1 (W) x 15 (H) - - Age: 6 to 10 years - -
Summary: - A retro-cool drawing activity for a whole new generation. Comes with sturdy plastic drawing wheels and multi-colored gel pens that get kids creating zillions of swirly spirals right on the pages of the book. - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author:0 - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Klutz - Published Date:03/01/2003 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:1570549605 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Alex Rub a Dub Draw in the Tub - - - A pack of six vibrant colors and a rubber duck sponge makes Alex Rub a Dub Draw in the Tub a fun addition to the bathtub. Kids can draw, write and learn on the sides of the tub and the surrounding tiled area in the bathroom. The set is easily washable, even off skin, and is a fantastic way to make bath time exciting, fun and a want-to activity rather than a have-to. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - It gives the budding artist a whole new canvas for creative expression. - - - Age: - 2 years and up - - - Features - - - An engaging activity during bath time - - Colors are washable, even off skin - - Works on the walls of the tub and the surrounding tiles - - Six vibrant colors - - Rubber ducky sponge - -
- What does a catchicksheep say, anyway? Color Jen Skelley's animal outlines on horizontal strips, then flip the pages to see the results. Draw and color your own hybrids on the blank sheets. The book includes 15 wirebound sheets cut into three strips with 10 mix-and-match characters to color. It is printed with nontoxic, soy-based inks. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 8 (L) x 5.8 (W) x 1 (H) - - Age: 4 to 9 years - -
Summary: - - Easy-to-follow directions make it a snap to draw portraits of favorite animals. Step-by-step diagrams show how to join circles, ovals, and other shapes to create likenesses of 30 adorable creatures — from a mouse, parakeet, and potbelly pig to tropical fish, a hermit crab, and a sugar glider. Finished drawings are also fun to color! - - - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: Barbara Soloff Levy - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Dover Publications - Published Date:02/09/2006 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0486447103 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - Clear, step-by-step illustrations show youngsters and other would-be artists how to use simple shapes to draw realistic likenesses of 30 different garden flowers, among them a sunflower, daisy, rose, morning glory, tulip, daffodil, poinsettia, Easter lily, pansy, jack-in-the-pulpit, bird of paradise, iris, and 18 other lovely blossoms. - - - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: Barbara Soloff Levy - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Dover Publications - Published Date:01/09/2001 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0486413373 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - Grab your pencil. Pick up some paper. And get ready to tdraw the coolest, most action-packed Pokemon art ever. Catch step-by-step secret tips on drawing your favorite Pokemon, like Pikachu, Togepi, Chikorita, Meowth, Pichu, Houndour, Lugia, Cyndaquil, and more!Plus, draw bonus poses of Pokemon in action, and create your own battle scenes!You'll be a Pokmon drawing-Master in no time! - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: Tracey West - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Scholastic Paperbacks - Published Date:06/01/2003 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0439434408 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Use this convenient storage case to take reading fun anywhere. The durable plastic casing ensures protection while on the go and it holds the Tag system and up to six Tag books. Appropriate for children ages 4 to 8 years. Tag Learning System sold separately. - - Features include: - - •Use your Tag Reader to bring writing skills to life - •This set uses methods based on current research on effective handwriting instruction - •With its amazing touch technology, the Tag Reader reinforces step-by-step writing guidance with fun audio feedback - •8-piece set includes 1 hardcover activity book, 4 workbooks and 3 sheets of interactive stickers - •Workbooks, activities and sticker sheets help build writing skills through tracing letters and drawing shapes -
- This multi-purpose table is ideal for eating, games, crafts and more. Three height adjustments grow along with your child. It converts easily to an easel for art projects -- just tilt and lock. Two handy clips hold paper for drawing or painting. It is sized to seat two to four children. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 31 (L) x 31 (W) x 20 (H) - - Age: 18 months and up - -
- Djeco Design By Art and Craft kits are designed by fine artists and illustrators. Each kit has an instruction booklet that has an image of one of the finished pieces from the kit and a self-portrait of the artist who designed the kit. This puts a face of the artist to the kit so the child can imagine more of what the artist looks like. The kits also include examples of the original works that the artist has done and a visual guide showing how to make the pieces as if the artist is telling the child, "OK, now that we've met and you've seen my work, let's do some together." The back cover of the instructions have images of all four of the pieces in the kit when finished. The materials in the kits are high quality and are often fine art quality or nearly so. Each kit contains 4 activity pieces to do. The kits are self-contained so no other materials are usually needed other than perhaps water and cleanup supplies. You can partially do one piece in your sample kit, or even complete one to show how the finished products actually look. The markers are all number coded to match with the colors in the activity pieces. The two-tip felt markers have a softer brush tip at one end and rigid marker tip at the other. These markers are water-based but are not washable and will stain clothes. These are more artist quality. The kit contains 8 number coded markers, 4 activity pieces and an instruction book. The colors in this kit are darker and more earth tones than the colors that come with Spring in Acid. Each piece is approximately 8.25" x 5.9" and made of heavy cardboard material. This kit uses some patterning techniques that are shown in the instruction book. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 9.1 (L) x 1.6 (W) x 6.5 (H) - - Age: 7 to 12 years - -
Kids will delight in creating their own dazzling pictures. Simply scratch with the enclosed wood drawing stylus to create amazing pictures and learn lots of incredible stuff too. Kit includes 4 Scratch Magic sheets: 2 Scratch and Sparkle Holographic Drawing Boards, 2 multicolor Rainbow Black Drawing Boards, Stencil, Fun Fact Guide, Wood Drawing Stylus and Instructions. - - Features include: - - •Kids will delight in creating their own dazzling pictures - •Simply scratch with the enclosed wood drawing stylus to create amazing pictures and learn lots of incredible stuff too - •Ideal for all ages, abilities and artistic styles - •Clean, Safe, And 100% Creative - •Create outfits and scenes that are one of a kind -
Books > Children's Books 6-8 years > "mexican kids drawing"
Check out the most popular brands: Harper Collins, Random House & Penguin. Many people wonder how we are able to keep our prices so low. There are about a million reasons to shop yoyo.com. We offer free delivery on all orders over $49. Our great customer service takes pride in delighting our customers.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.