Summary: - "It seems like everyone else has the script. Everyone else knows what's happening and I look around and say, Duh." - - Of course, the truth is that no one has the script because there is no script to follow. Chances are you'd find that almost everyone else has questions and worries a lot like yours, if you could get them to admit it. This brand-new, completely updated and revised edition of Changing Bodies, Changing Lives is full of honest, accurate, nonjudgmental information on everything teenagers need to know about today. - - Am I the only one who - - can't get up the nerve to ask someone out? - got my period so early? - doesn't even know the right way to kiss? - feels pressured to use drugs? - still hasn't hit puberty yet? - wants to avoid the gang scene? - worries when my mom doesn't come home at night? - is scared that I might have AIDS? - can't decide what form of birth control to use? - has no idea how to tell my friends I'm gay? - goes on eating binges? - has never had an orgasm? - is shut out of the popular crowd? - - - Changing Bodies, Changing Lives - has helped hundreds of thousands of teenagers make informed decisions about their lives, from questions about sex, love, friendship, and how your body works to dealing with problems at school and home and figuring out who you are. It's packed with illustrations, checklists, and resources for the answers you really need. Best of all, it's filled with the voices, poems, and cartoons from hundreds of other teenagers, who tell you what makes them feel worried, angry, confused, sexy, happy, and, yes, even excited and hopeful about their lives. (Check out the first two pages for a sample of the quotes you'll find inside.) - - Being a teenager is tough. With the information and the ideas inside this book, you'll have what you need to make these years the best they can be. - - About the Author: - - • - Ruth Bell - is a member of the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, which authored Our Bodies, Ourselves. She has worked for many years in the field of health and sex education, especially in programs for teenagers. She is the mother of a son in his twenties and a teenage daughter. - Author: Ruth Bell - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Three Rivers Press - Published Date:09/08/1998 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:081292990X - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - Mary Ingles was twenty-three, married, and pregnant, when Shawnee Indians invaded her peaceful Virginia settlement, killed the men and women, then took her captive. For months, she lived with them, unbroken, until she escaped, and followed a thousand mile trail to freedom--an extraordinary story of a pioneer woman who risked her life to return to her people. - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: JAMES ALEXANDER Thom - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Ballantine Books - Published Date:11/12/1986 - ISBN:0345338545 - #of pages:#N/A -
- - Elenco Follow Me - - - This very interesting sound detecting robot kit has four built-in microphones to detect the sound sources. When the robot detects a sound, it will turn and move toward the sound. Just clap and the robot will come to you. Clap again from another position and the robot will turn and move in that direction. -
Summary: - Follow the line on a journey from the city to the country, from the sky to the ocean, from morning till night. Laura Ljungkvist uses her trademark continuous line style to create the perfect counting book for young children. Each scene contains questions designed to get children looking, counting, and thinking. For example, in the underwater picture, children can count seashells, turtles, and the legs on an octopus. Each page is packed with colorful, artful objects and animals?and young counters can follow the line from the front cover to the back cover, through each stunning scene. - - About the Author: - - •Laura Ljungkvist is a Swedish artist whose editorial work has appeared in - The New Yorker - and - Harper?s Bazaar. - This is her third book for children. She now lives in Brooklyn, New York. - Author:0 - Illustrator:Laura Ljungkvist - Publisher:Viking Juvenile - Published Date:05/04/2006 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:0670060496 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Story Include sound icons - Press the sound buttons to hear sound efffects and music to go with the story. Sliding peek-a-boo window on top of the module adds to the fun. The window reveals one of two sound icons. Slide the window to reveal the other. -
- The Perilous Plank Game - The journey home is a perilous one in this best-selling strategy game. Players begin by positioning tree stumps and magnetic planks on the game board according to pictures on each challenge card. The object is to get their fearless backpacker safely across the alligator- and piranha-infested lagoon by moving the planks between stumps. With an imaginative game design and varying levels of difficulty, River Crossing offers hours of adventure. - - - Recommended Ages: 8 years & up - -
Summary: - In 1968 Chicago, it's not easy for thirteen-year-old Sam to be the son of known civil rights activist Roland Childs. Especially when his older brother, Stick, starts keeping to himself. Then, one day, Sam finds something under Stick's bed that changes everything: literature about the Black Panthers. Suddenly, nothing feels certain anymore. And when Dr. King is shot and killed, Sam's father's words are no longer enough to make him believe in change….This moving, coming-of-age story gracefully encompasses the scope of the struggle between the civil rights and black power movements through an intimate and relatable lens. - - About the Author: - - •Kekla Magoon is the Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe New Talent Award-winning and NAACP Image Award-nominated author of - The Rock and the River - . She lives and writes in New York City, but travel around the country presenting book programs and writing workshops for teens and adults. Kekla also writes non-fiction books for the educational market, and is coeditor of Young Adult and Children's Literature for the arts journal - Hunger Mountain - . She holds a B.A. in history from Northwestern University and an M.F.A. in writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts. - Author: Kekla Magoon - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Aladdin - Published Date:04/06/2010 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:1416978038 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - A child who can’t follow rules is a child who’s always in trouble. This book starts with simple reasons why we have rules: to help us stay safe, learn, be fair, and get along. Then it presents just four basic rules: “Listen,” “Best Work,” “Hands and Body to Myself,” and “Please and Thank You.” The focus throughout is on the positive sense of pride that comes with learning to follow rules. Includes questions and activities adults can use to reinforce the ideas and skills being taught. - - - - About the Author: - - • - Cheri J. Meiners, M.Ed., has her master’s degree in elementary education and gifted education. A former first-grade teacher, she has taught education classes at Utah State University and has supervised student teachers. Cheri and her husband, David, have six children. They live in Laurel, Maryland. - - - Author: Cheri J. Meiners M.Ed. - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Free Spirit Publishing - Published Date:03/15/2005 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:1575421305 - #of pages:#N/A -
- On the River Rhine Puzzle - - - On the River Rhine Puzzle takes kids on a classic trip to Europe. Every piece in this puzzle is unique and interlocks completely. All the pieces are made by hand crafted tools for play that lasts. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - Full of beautiful fall colors, it creates a beautiful end image.. - - - Age: - 12 years and up - - - Features - - - Extra durable pieces - - Develops motor skills and helps in independent play, task completion and association - - Fully interlocking and unique pieces - - Superior quality pieces made with tools that are hand-crafted - -
Summary: - Coryn and the Band have returned to the Great Ga'Hoole Tree and restored order. With the Ember safely hidden away, the tree shakes off its gaudy golden glow and recovers its natural majesty. Meanwhile, deep in the Palace of Mists, Bess finds an ancient map fragment that reveals that there are not 5 owl kingdoms -- as has been thought since time immemorial -- but 6. Coryn and the chaw of chaws set off to find this unknown land. In a landscape of perpetual winter, they discover a monastery of serene, learned owls, the likes of which no one has ever seen before. - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: Kathryn Lasky - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Scholastic - Published Date:07/01/2007 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0439888077 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - Twelve-year-old Samuel Collier is a lowly commoner on the streets of London. So when he becomes the page of Captain John Smith and boards the Susan Constant, bound for the New World, he can?t believe his good fortune. He?s heard that gold washes ashore with every tide. But beginning with the stormy journey and his first contact with the native people, he realizes that the New World is nothing like he imagined. The lush Virginia shore where they establish the colony of James Town is both beautiful and forbidding, and it?s hard to know who?s a friend or foe. As he learns the language of the Algonquian Indians and observes Captain Smith?s wise diplomacy, Samuel begins to see that he can be whomever he wants to be in this new land. - - About the Author: - - •Elisa Carbone lives in Maryland and West Virginia. - Author: Elisa Carbone - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Puffin - Published Date:09/20/2007 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0142409324 - #of pages:#N/A -
Between Afghanistan and China, the world's next flashpoint is about to erupt. The valleys, towns and mountains of Tajikistan will become bloody frontlines for the might of the People's Liberation Army, insurgent guerilla fighters and the United States Marine Corps - - Features include: - - •You and your fireteam can make a difference.? How much is up to you.? It's not the soldier with the most expensive gun or the biggest heart who wins on the battlefield.? It's the smartest.? Semper Fi, Marine. - •Go closer to the experience of the US Marines on campaign with the ultimate tactical infantry shooter. Stand together with 4 player drop-in drop-out online co-op multiplayer in campaign mode and standalone Fire Team Engagements - •Become immersed in an engrossing narrative which unfolds over three acts in campaign mode. Play as Grenadier, Scout, Rifleman and Automatic Rifleman classes, each with unique strengths and weaknesses for increased replayability - •Earn and spend XP on weapons, attachments and abilities for each of the fireteam's specialists - •Call in Combat Support such as Mortars, Howitzers and JDAMs, whilst AH-1Z Helicopters and A-10 Ground Attack Aircraft provide Close Air Support -
- Maxim WudWorkers River Rescue with Raft - - - Distress calls from the mountain river never go unanswered by WudWorkers. They arrive on their Maxim WudWorkers River Rescue with Raft to ensure their mission is successful. This kit is made of natural wood blocks that can be used to build a mountain river terrain rider. - - - Why You�ll Love It: - The rescuer sports a cool helmet and his vehicle is equipped with an antenna that captures any distress signal. - - - Age: - 5 years and up - - - Features - - - Construct a dirt bike - - Features a trailer and a detachable boat - - Translucent siren lights - - Antenna to capture distress signals - - Improves eye-hand coordination - -
- - WeGlow International Natural River Rocks 2lbs (2 packs) - - - Natural river rocks are classy and elegant or simple and subtle. Dress up your decoration, centerpieces, garden, plants, or any number of other ideas. You can use them to fill a vase for flowers. Also, you can use them to sprinkle around the table to decorate. Another idea is to accent your table centerpiece with these rocks to add a unique look and style. Each bag (or pack) holds 2.2 pounds (1 kilogram) of smooth round edge rocks. The volume is about the size of a softball if you held them together in a sack. Create your own unique style and come up with your own uses. -
Join Kunio and the gang in River City Soccer Hooligans as they go head to head with the world?s soccer elite to win the World Soccer Championship! Shoot, pass, and attack the competition! Fight to the finish! Challenge the world?s best soccer teams! Select your matches from 12 opposing teams from around the world. As Captain Kunio, you can strategize by changing your formations, checking weather forecasts, talking to your teammates, and giving them special items to boost their performance!
- - Features beautiful Hautman Brothers artwork - - - - Unique oval shape turns these jigsaw puzzles into timeless keepsakes - - - - Cameos have an exquisite classic beauty that has held the attention of generations - - - - 100% made in the United States - - - - Bonus poster inside - - - Oval Cameo: Hautman - Our Side of the River 750 pieces Jigsaw Puzzle by Buffalo Games. - - - - - Product Measures: 8.0 IN x 2.63 IN x 8.0 IN - - - - Recommended Ages: 14 - 100 years - -
- - Melissa and Doug Deluxe River Run Cardboard Jigsaw Puzzle -- 300 Pc. - - - The thick, durable pieces in this series feature an exceptional variety of realistic, appealing images and stunning original artwork. This puzzle has 300 pieces. It comes in bright and sturdy packaging. - - - Product Dimensions: 9 (L) x 27 (W) - - Age: 10 years and up - -
- - XI Media Structure Series - Medieval - - - Conwy Castle is one of the castles built by Edward I Longshanks in the 13th century to keep peace in the newly conquered territory of Wales. It was built on the site of a monastery and was one of a ring of large castles around mount Snowdon. The castle was started around 1283 and amazingly was completed in 5 years. It had 70� high walls and eight drum towers over 30' in diameter. The walls are 15' thick and follow the rectangular shape of the rocky outcrop on which it stands overlooking the estuary of the river Conwy. Most Edwardian castles have three concentric rings of walls and towers. The central space was kept as an open courtyard around which were clustered separate domestic buildings. The outer wall was ringed by a moat with access over a draw bridge through a separate gate house or barbican. At Conwy, there was no gate house. Invaders coming from the direction of the town had to climb steep winding stairs, cross a drawbridge and go through two gateways, only to be confronted with the strongly fortified barbican which was overlooked by two massive towers. The interior was divided in two separate wards by a cross wall, so that either half could hold out if the other should fall. The outer ward was the home of the garrison and the dungeons and the inner ward contained the king's living quarters. The beauty of the Edwardian design is that the walls could be easily defended. The fortified towers built into the walls provided covering fire for each other. Defenders could provide cross fire along the walls between neighboring towers. The main drawback in the design is that it lacked sufficient interior space to store the provisions needed during a lengthy siege, which was often the offensive approach to force capitulation of many castle defenders. The importance of Conwy Castle from an architectural standpoint is borne out by the fact that it has been named a world heritage listed site. -
Books > Teen Books > "follow the river"
Find exactly what you are looking for - Harper Collins, Random House, and Penguin. Check out our fantastic prices! Shipping is always free when you spend $49 or more, and we ship FAST - overnight to more than 75% of the country, and in 2 days to everyone else. Plus, this now includes Saturday delivery to most of the country. Simply order by 6 p.m., and you will receive your package within 2 business days. We focus on making life easier for our customers.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.