Summary: - Kids love to make their own toys and games, gifts and ornaments. It encourages them to give full rein to their creative flair - and if they can use component parts that are adapted or recycled, so much the better for them and the planet! None of the projects in this book use any special materials. Instead, they all rely on ingredients that you are likely to have in the cupboard or items that can be found around the house or garden, or out on walks in the park or at the beach. Recipes for salt dough are included, as well as methods for easy felting, together with step-by-step instructions on what to make, such as pretend sweets, boxes and masks. Old gift wrapping paper, old clothes and odd buttons and beads can all be used in an imaginative way, as can pine cones, tree bark, shells and other fascinating natural bits and bobs. Gifts for parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends are here, together with games and toys that can be made and then played with again and again. From painted stones and a friendship bracelet to a simple dolls' house and a driftwood boat, children will love the projects in this engaging book. In fact, kids need never be bored again. - - About the Author: - - •EMMA HARDY is a stylist and designer who has worked on various lifestyle and interiors magazines, including Country Homes and Interiors and Marie Claire. Her previous books include " - Sewing for Children" , "Making - - Children?s Clothes", - "Sewing in No Time", "Quilting in No Time" and "Decorating Gift Baskets" all published by CICO. Married with two young daughters, Emma lives in south London, England. - - - Author: Emma Hardy - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Cima Books - Published Date:08/30/2008 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:1906094667 - #of pages:#N/A -
Summary: - - - Fun and easy art-appreciation activities abound in this resource that features 75 American artists from colonial times to the present. A brief biography for each artist tells why his or her work is important, and a kid-tested art activity tries out the artist's approach. For Georgia O'Keeffe, the activity is a desert painting; for Frederic Remington, a face cast; for Leroy Nieman, a sketch of athletes; and for James Whistler, a clay engraving. Projects stress the creative process and encourage kids to try unusual techniques such as block printing, soak-stain, and stone carving as they learn about architecture, drawing, painting, photography, and sculpture. A resource guide provides a glossary of art terms, a list that groups the artists by style, a list of the artists' birthdays, an index of art supplies, and websites for viewing art online. - - - - About the Author: - - • - - - MaryAnn F. Kohl - - is the award-winning author of - Discovering Great Artists - , - First Art - , and - Preschool Art - . She lives in Bellingham, Washington. - Kim Solga - is the owner of KidsArt, a mail-order art supplies catalog for teachers and parents, and is the author of - Draw!, Make Prints!, - and - Paint! - She lives in Mt. Shasta, California. - - - Author: MaryAnn F.^Solga Kohl - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Bright Ring Publishing, Inc. - Published Date:07/04/2008 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:0935607005 - #of pages:#N/A -
Crayola Model Magic Craft Pack. Allows kids to enjoy making fun finished art projects. No mess. - - Features include: - - •Allows kids to enjoy making fun finished art projects - •6 packs let kids open just the amount they need - •Convenient package - •"Hands-On" creativity -
- Looking for some old fashioned fun? From wood bits to glue, we give you everything you need for hours of creative crafting. Parents love the neat and tidy storage bag. Go green! -The lid becomes a mess free crafting station, and the box can be reused to display your creative creations. Introducing Eco-Paint, this special formula is earth friendly and kid approved. - - Recommended Ages: 5 - 9 years - - -
- Cast and Paint kits are fascinating, creative craft projects for kids of all ages. Great for parents and kids to share. Each project takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete. After casting and painting, the completed kits can be played with or displayed. This Cast and Paint kit includes everything you need to make 3 mix and match princesses. Just glue the included magnets on the backs and display your princesses on the refrigerator. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 9.3 (L) x 7.1 (W) x 2.7 (H) - - Age: 6 to 14 years - -
- This multi-purpose table is ideal for eating, games, crafts and more. Three height adjustments grow along with your child. It converts easily to an easel for art projects -- just tilt and lock. Two handy clips hold paper for drawing or painting. It is sized to seat two to four children. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 31 (L) x 31 (W) x 20 (H) - - Age: 18 months and up - -
- This deluxe set includes 3 tulle butterflies in vibrant new colors -- 2 medium and 1 large, plus 3 petite and sweet butterflies and cute hairclips. It has great window packaging with touches of holographic foil to highlight the beauty of the butterflies inside. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 2.2 (L) x 10.5 (W) x 12.1 (H) - - Age: 6 years and up - -
- Dream up your own designer originals and get ready for the runway. Ultimate set includes a dress mannequin, sewing essentials, sketch book, yards of fabric, swatch booklet, trims, embellishments, satin dress form, garment bag and a fashion design manual. Embellish the dress included in your kit or use the material provided to dream up your own creative couture. - - - Recommended Ages: 9 years & Up - -
Add some ?Pop? to your style with ?super-bright bottle cap necklaces, key chains, bracelets and more. No sharp edges to worry about, these plastic bottle caps come ready to decorate, then top off your art with clear opti-domes that really make your designs ?pop?. Set includes 10 bottle caps, 5 matching metal chains, 5 yards of satin cord, 100+ beads, 10 clear dome stickers, 6 mini markers, 3 key chain rings, dozens of color-in stickers and instructions. - - Features include: - - •No sharp edges to worry about - •Make necklaces, keychains, bracelets and more - •Plastic bottle caps come ready to decorate - •Includes 10 bottle caps, 5 matching metal chains, 5 yards of satin cord and dozens of color-in stickers - •Includes 100 plus beads, 10 clear dome stickers, 6 mini markers, 3 key chain rings -
Combine cool paper patterns with faceted gemstones to create the most amazing eye-popping jewelry designs! Includes all the supplies needed to make a jewelry box full of necklaces, pins, rings, bracelets and hairclips. Bonus petite purse included. All metal contents are compliant according to ASTM F963. - - Features include: - - •Bonus petite purse included - •Combine cool paper patterns with faceted gemstones - •create the most amazing eye-popping jewelry designs - •Includes all the supplies needed to make a jewelry box full of necklaces, pins, rings, bracelets and hairclips - •Watch your child have fun while learning -
- Combine layers of sparkle and shimmer gloss to create 5 tubes of layered lip gloss. A bonus lip gloss tote is included. When you are finished, decorate the bottles and tote with stickers and gemstone accents. The complete set includes 4 tubes of fruit-flavored lip gloss base, 5 lip gloss applicators, sparkly stickers, rhinestones, a fill tube and a carrying case. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 10.4 (L) x 8.1 (W) x 4 (H) - - Age: 7 years and up - -
- Now you can have even more Shrinky Dinks fun. This deluxe set includes 10 sheets of pre-printed Shrinky Dinks film, charm bracelets, beads, greeting cards, gift tags, a jewelry cord, hair clips and key chains, 8 full-sized color pencils, a pencil sharpener and a hole punch. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 12.1 (L) x 2 (W) x 10.5 (H) - - Age: 7 years and up - -
Summary: - - A classic kid craft gets a high-style makeover. Simple step-by-step projects plus endless creative possibilities equals super-satisfying "did-you-really-make-that?!" results. Makes shrink plastic cool for teens, tweens and anybody else ready to design their own unique jewelry. It’s about time shrink plastic grew up! - - - About the Author: - - •0 - Author: Karen Phillips - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Klutz - Publ
Summary: - - History explodes in this activity guide spanning the turmoil preceding secession, the first shots fired at Fort Sumter, the fierce battles on land and sea, and finally the Confederate surrender at Appomattox. Making butternut dye for a Rebel uniform, learning drills and signals with flags, decoding wigwag, baking hardtack, reenacting battles, and making a medicine kit bring this pivotal period in our nation's history to life. Fascinating sidebars tell of slaves escaping on the Underground Railroad, the adventures of nine-year-old drummer boy Johnny Clem, animal mascots who traveled with the troops, and friendships between enemies. The resource section includes short biographies of important figures from both sides of the war, listings of Civil War sites across the country, pertinent websites, glossary, and an index. - - - - About the Author: - - • - - Janis Herbert - is the author of - The American Revolution for Kids - , - Leonardo da Vinci for Kids, Lewis and Clark for Kids, - and - Marco Polo for Kids - . - - - Author: Janis Herbert - Illustrator:0 - Publisher:Chicago Review Press - Published Date:11/01/1999 - Format:Paperback - ISBN:1556523556 - #of pages:#N/A -
Unlike traditional knitting or crochet, this quick knit loom is so simple to use. No special skills required -simply wind the yarn around the tools provided. Flip the yarn loops and create quick and easy fashions. Includes 90 yards of yarn. A large circle loom and a two sided hand loom. Add your own designer touches with the tassel maker and decorative buttons included. - - Features include: - - •simple to use quick knit loom! - •No skills required, simply wind the yarn around the tools provided - •Flip the yarn loops and create quick and easy fashions - •Includes 90 yards of yarn - •includes a large circle loom and two sided hand loom -
- Turn 3 plain kitties into a trio of fancy felines. Decorate these flocked bobble heads with markers, fabric, flowers, rhinestones and other sparkly accents. Finish them off with a magic wand, bouquet and a silver crown. Packed in a cute cat carrier box, each kitty measures approximately 4” tall - - - Recommended Ages: 6 years & Up - -
Summary: - - Warning: This book may cause flatulence - . Walter is a fine dog, except for one small problem: he has gas. He can't help it; it's just the way he is. Fortunately, the kids Billy and Betty love him regardless, but Father says he's got to go! Poor Walter, he's going to the dog pound tomorrow. And then, in the night, burglars strike. Walter has his chance to be a hero. Destined to become a children's classic, this story will have kids rolling on the floor with laughter. Adults are permitted to laugh too. - - About the Author: - - •William Kotzwinkle is the author of eighteen children's books, including - The World is Big and I'm So Small - , - Tales from the Empty Notebook - , - The Nap Master - , - E.T. The Extraterrestrial - and - E.T. The Book of the Green Planet - . His books for adults include - The Bear Went Over the Mountain - , - The Fan Man - , - Fata Morgana - , and - Doctor Rat - . He is the two-time winner of the National Magazine Award for Fiction and the World Fantasy Award. His books are published all over the world. - - Glen Murray is a supervisor for educational technology in New Brunswick, Canada. He spends a lot of time in schools where he often mixes business with pleasure by reading to elementary classes. He has written radio dramas for the CBC, as well as articles on Canadian history and technology. He recently worked with the Lung Association on their Flight for Life project, raising awareness from coast to coast about air quality and the enviornment. - - Audrey Colman is an artist and designer living in Berkeley, California. Her art has been featured in a variety of products from magazines, posters, and other print work to multi-media projects. This is her first children's book. She is also the author and illustrator of - Francine, Francine the Beach Party Queen! - Visit her art at www.goodartstudio.com. - Author: William^Murray Kotzwinkle - Illustrator: Audrey Colman - Publisher:Frog Children's Books - Published Date:11/01/2001 - Format:Hardcover - ISBN:1583940537 - #of pages:#N/A -
- Create your own beautiful window art using your imagination. Put your masterpieces on windows, mirrors, vases and cups. Each kit contains 5 paint tubes, a project book, 2 acetate sheets, 3 sun catchers and instructions. It promotes creativity and is a great gift idea. - - - Product Dimensions (inches): 10 x 2.2 x 9 (H) - - Age: 6 years and up - -
The Project Runway video game will put players in the role of an aspiring fashion designer. Similar to the show, players will be presented with different challenges as they create designs and adorn models with hair, make-up, and accessories. Capturing the true essence of Project Runway, the title will feature the show?s talent. - - Features include: - - •Select the model who perfectly matches your fashion style, then create different looks in the hair and makeup studio, from natural to futuristic and more. - •Get tips from Project Runway celebrities and contestants who are your mentors and judges. - •Star in the video game version of "Project Runway", the #1 fashion design reality show. - •Model your own designs on the runway using the Wii Remote and optional Wii Balance Board to walk, strut, and pose. - •Design your own fashion line utilizing a variety of in-game functionality, or tackle unique Project Runway challenges. -
Books > Children's Books 9-12 years > "art projects for children"
YoYo.com Books products include more than 1625 items - from Harper Collins, to Random House, and Penguin - we've got you covered. We work hard to make our prices as competitive as possible, and offer some of the lowest prices online. We encourage you to compare prices. And here's the best part: we deliver everything to your door in 1-2 days for free on orders of $49 or more. We don't hide our telephone number, like most websites.
�2005 - 2013, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. YoYo.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Products on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on YoYo.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.